View Single Post
      02-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 MSport

I just remapped my 130i's ECU :)

My 130i is still a work in progress but I think I've just did the best investment of all: ECU remap.

I live in Guatemala and there's a company here that has liaisons with a company in Germany if I'm not wrong, that do ECU Remaps for European cars.

The only two "performance" additions that I made so far was the K&N filter and the Magnaflow catback, so I was ready to do the remap and this is what I got:

With just the K&N and Magnaflow, I may had noticed placebo performance increase, but with the remap, wow, that was not placebo at all.

That company had to do fine tuning to the remap program since I have automatic transmission (D, DS and M) so the gearbox was a little bit of a challenge, but it finally worked. This remap realeases the speed limit as well as horsepower and torque. I took it for a ride on not crowded road and the response was amazing, very agressive if you floor down the gas pedal.

I also took the car for a wheel change, since I had Sport Edition wheels that were great, but kind of heavy, so I put a set of lightweight forged TSW Nurburgring in matte gunmetal and I took 4 pounds off each wheel here's a pic:

Appreciate 0