Thread: No 128i Love :(
View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #628
128IB
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNEM_128i View Post

I wish the 128i had more threads etc....i always see the same exact threads. Nothing really new. Is there another forums dedicated to the 128i? that has more of an audience.

I dont know if this is just me but I like the 128i more then the 135i.... way more reliable, might not be as fast but so what? lol

More 128i performance parts please?!?! lol
I love the 128i so much I have two of them! I agree that the reliability and performance are excellent. The power is ideal for my type of driving which consists of tight twisty mountain roads. Like the Lotus Elise I used to drive, it is all about the handling. Lighter weight with the M Sport package are the key to getting the most out of the car. On both my 128s, I opted for no frills. Manual with M Package only. That way there is no heavy sunroof at the top of the car, no unnecessary electronics to go wrong, and no marshmallow seats to slide out of. The inline NA 6 cylinder motor is everything I could ever want from the car for immediate throttle response, great torquey pull, and smooth transitions during gear changes. It is such a gem of a motor, I wanted to order my second car before they stopped offering it and go to a 4 cylinder in the 2 Series. My second car will get a few upgrades such as the BMW Performance brakes, and I did put on a set of 18" BMW 113 M series rims and tires, but all in all, I do not think they are necessary to enjoy the car beyond most people's driving ability. My totally stock 128 still blows my mind every time I get it into the corners on Mulholland or Hwy 33. I think the best thing you can do to make the car close to perfect is to simply stiffen the rear suspension bushings. So as far as I am concerned, I have enough love for the 128i to go around.
Appreciate 0