View Single Post
      02-02-2019, 02:19 AM   #53
Thunderguts
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT

I thought I would bring this thread back rather than start a new one. I just installed my Performance Intake last night and concur with the findings in this thread. Of course this is not a high performance modification. The quoted 3hp gain can be achieved simply by switching to a K&N filter which is very similar to the included filter. Still, I did not expect any noticeable gains and yet the engine did seem more responsive. It cannot be attributed to the new filter since I transferred my existing K&N to the new intake.

If there's one area where I'm disappointed it's the sound. I didn't expect major performance gains, but I did expect better sound based on what others have said. It does indeed make the N52 sound less like a sewing machine and gives it a slightly more aggressive throaty sound, but it won't blow you away. I was really hoping for something a little more aggressive, but not annoying like some short ram intakes.

Is it worth it? Of course not! It's obscene that this listed for $899 when it's nothing but some molded plastic and a carbon fiber cover. If the entire thing were molded from carbon fiber, then yes, it would be priced fairly. I found a dealer who ordered one from Germany for me at a more reasonable price. It's absolutely not worth it from a performance standpoint, but this is one of the last opportunities I'll have to pick up genuine M Performance parts so I pulled the trigger.
Appreciate 1
asbrr544.50