Captain
Rep
Drives: 25 to 2

Garage List
2010 135i  [0.00]
2007 e92 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by notilloc View Post
People probably wont be very happy with me posting this up but its another option if you want. http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm Its called a hard break in and it has worked fantastic on all of my vehicles. You have already gone too far on yours to get the full effects but you never know it could help, but I have done 3 motorcycles (ninja 650, ninja zx-6r, ninja zx-10r) and 2 cars(toyota fj cruiser, Subaru wrx sti) this way and the engines are very stong in all of my vehicles. I just run hard the second I get my vehicles and make sure I change the oil a lot. I change at 20 miles 100 miles 500 miles and again at 1500 and then you are good to go. It is still very important to do lots of engine braking in all rev ranges but especially at higher rpms. Lots of oil changes but from what I have seen it really seats the rings well. Also if you are not going to be changing your own oil it would be really costly. I do not own a bmw yet but as soon as I do I will be doing it the same way as all my other vehicles.

To everyone else I am sorry if this makes you mad but it is something that has been practiced in the racing world for quite some time now and I am just offering another opinon. I know I am new to this forum but no so new to the car world so please dont blow it out of proportion.
here we go
Attached Images