12-09-2017, 02:13 AM   #8
Dmak
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tundra View Post
I do more than read desk jockey I have plenty of friends who have done the m3 diff swap on the 135 if there was difference it wldnt fit. Keep reading or better yet get out from behind the desk and do some wrenching and you will find out quickly how bmw built these cars with identical parts. But what do I know I have only done a manual swap and the m3 diff swap. But I’ll take your advice and continue to read �� the diff housing size doesn’t mean shit the they sit in exactly the same location the axles are different thickness and that’s it. The same m3 diff also fits the 335 smdh
Thank you for proofing yourself wrong. Axles are not interchangeable between diff. Rather it be betweem m vs non m or auto vs mt.

This is the exact reason why you need to use m3 axles with the m3 diff. Coz the dimensions of the diff are different. Auto diff. Goes with auto axles. Mt diff. Goes with mt axles. Simple. Just because you can install a m3 diff onto a non m subframe does not mean the diff are the same size. Everything else like subframe, knuckle, wheel bearings, etc are all identical. (Other then some suspensions amrs between the m and non m) but we are talking about the difference between auto and mt

Btw. I was bmw tech for 7.5yr untill 2011 before i switch to a different dealer. So yes. I been wrenching for a little while now

So it would be nice for you to stop giving mis informations.

Last edited by Dmak; 12-09-2017 at 02:26 AM..
Appreciate 0