///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Thanks, that clears up a good amount. Id want it open so I may not even have to run the vacuum line at all.
Yup, Steve is right on all counts. I have the extra blocking plate (rendered useless once you have the valve kit), I'll take a pic next week when I am back where the car is. It is welded in 3 spots, looks like it is easy to dremel out. If not getting the valve control you definitely want to do it, otherwise too restrictive and you don't quite get the acoustic characteristics that make this Ti exhaust so special.

Just a word of caution: with my MadDad midpipe, even though the akra is not broken in (barely have 100 miles on it), when fully open the exhaust is LOUD! Of course in a good way, but since I think you mentioned you may do straight pipes for the mids (and perhaps DPs later on), it may be 'too' much for everyday use. Don't get me wrong, I will likely have it open 90% of the time, but a few times already I had cops giving me mean looks, and I generally close the valve when going late at night through residential neighborhoods, garages (so I don't trip car alarms), check-points, etc.

Akra's directions are pretty idiot proof (have them in PDF and can send them to you, as well as an extra booklet). It is actually a cool DIY job, I personally think the valve feature is worth the extra cost. You may check if Akra is willing to sell it as a standalone, perhaps you can start off without it and later on decide if you want it.

PS: Steve is 100% right, because it runs on vacuum, immediately after you start the car it is very loud and in a second or two as vacuum builds the valve closes.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0