View Single Post
      03-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #59
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The best way to test a FMIC would be to bench test it. You would need to build some kind of "rig" do you could reproduce the results, time and time again. Thats not gonna happen when tested in a car, on teh dyno or on a track.

I think you guys need to contact consumer reports... <jk>... bc the chances of having one of the vendors here undertake this "test" are slim to none. It's just too much time and money to invest into testing a product - with no garentee of teh outcome. Most tuner product's have NEVER had any repeatable "data" done(3rd party) under lab test conditions. Instead it just boils down to a company's reputation and the quality of their parts AND marketing for said product.
Dack --I think you're on to something... Instead of Consumer Reports, we could start a magazine to test FMICs, software flashes, DCIs, etc. We can call it Tuner Reports. Oh wait a second, that will probably spur on another law suit. I guess we will never know which mod (or combination of mods) is the best bang for your buck.
Appreciate 0