Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i AT Monaco Blue

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thezone135i View Post
Is there any reason to get this? If I wanted to be in 6th gear at 50km/h I would just buy a Golf R.

The only thing that annoys me about the step is not have a discrete function to engage 'M' independently of 'S'. Its stupid. You push it across to 'S' and it shifts down (which is fine) but then you don't actually know what gear its in because it doesn't feckin tell you. By this time you are probably braking or want to use engine braking so you drop another gear but depending on your rate of deceleration it may have dropped another gear for you (because it does this in s mode) and so you end up in 2nd way to early.

Does this flash offer such a thing?
I think you need to read a little bit about this flash. It may solve all your annoyances. In 'D' mode yes it will get to 6th gear super quick, but that's the point - this mode is about smooth, comfort and fuel economy. Swap to 'S' mode and gear shifts are noticeably more crisp. Put it in 'M' mode with paddle shifting and shifts are super quick and generally smooth, and the rev match downshifts are supposed to be superb.

Here's a vid showing the three modes:
Appreciate 0