View Single Post
      01-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #14
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Seems like all the big single talk has died did they uncover a problem?
vishnu ST has proven to be somewhat dodgy, no real evidence of working customer cars, early leavers en masse, fuelling still an issue.. they DID fix the misfire error, caused by the OEM dual mass flywheel... at least i haven't seen any new videos or anything recently, i hope for someone to prove me wrong

but there are.. at least 2 or 3 people/companies making ST setups custom if you read the other forum, they're looking VERY promising come proper tuning and fuelling solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Are you talking Australia or in the USA. There are no single kits in Australia that I am aware of (the kit is LHD). There is only one single kit in the world that I am aware of and it has the world records for dyno, drag racing and 60-130 etc. So it does work and there are happy customers. It is a Niche market, and it pushes the N54 engine to a higher power level than any other system, so it exposes some weaknesses in the power/drive train. So it really is more for a very small percentage of people who want to have the most power an N54 can currently produce and are willing to upgrade everything else in the power/drive train to suit the driving they wish to do at the power level the kit can make.

No matter what way you go, you are never going to take a stock N54 vehicle and bolt on a $15k kit and produce 600hp ATW and never have any issue. Whatever way you do it, you will need to upgrade many other aspects of the car that will be damaged due to running well beyond their engineered loads. Eventually all the weaknesses will be solved and it may be possible to produce a kit for $30k+ that is somewhat more reliable, but replaces most drivetrain components and engine components like ignition and fuel system.

So the single is not marketed at people who think it is too expensive and they can get better value with other twin turbo options. Those people are welcome to go that way and will be happier for it. If however someone has some cash and wants to go the next step above the twin turbo options, then they should consider the single.
what do you mean 'it's LHD' it will work fine on a RHD car. it's the big twins that won't fit due to the steering rack.

can you provide some proof of dyno WR's, 1/4 WR's and 60-130 WR's? i don't believe anyone has ever released anything reliable.

it's only as of the last few days that proper LPFP and HPFP upgrades have started to become a potential reality too, THAT is the only reason big singles and huge power hasn't happened yet, it cannot be supported by the fuelling system .. the only drivetrain weakness is input splines shattering from wheelhop, which now also has an almost 100% solution... that's up to 550~ proven WHP at least, no one really knows about higher..

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Maybe it gets great reviews because it works really well and is an Australian designed product with local support?
what australian designed product are you talkking about? there are no aus native tuning or turbo systems as far as i'm aware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
Its happening but progress is slow as we are funding most of it our selves, i do worry about cost as our kit will come with, Front mount intercooler, complete exhaust system, duel oil coolers, large radiator, meth system, fuel system, turbo system and air filter with cold air intake system, the engine management set up and tuned on the dyno.

The engine will remain stock

It will have at least 400kw at the wheels so the auto cars may have a problem
there will be no DIY deals it will be fitted by advan only at this point.

Sorry it will cost shit loads $15,000- $18,000 So if your looking for something cheap keep looking.

We are making 3 kits in the first batch Justin, Me, and one for stock.

First one will be running mid year 2013
what setup are you going? (turbo selection*)

someone on the other forum has made 550whp (410kw) on RB's with ported head and OEM thicker gasket on cobb tune.. so... ?
and if it's 15-18k for the full bolt on and go setup, what would the price be on just the turbo/downpiipe/intake/manifold etc.?.. since you're going to have to compete with the likes of vargas's turbo upgrades among the myriad other vendors stepping up.

IE: BYO fmic/oil coolers/exhaust/tune/fuel system blah blah

ED: oh no DIY deals, sorry just saw that bit.. wow, well, uh.. i look forward to seeing it then lol

Last edited by flinchy; 01-25-2013 at 04:55 AM..
Appreciate 0