View Single Post
      02-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
bufo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

PPK on a 2010, how different is the software?

Hi guys,

collectively you were a great help when I was first deciding on which 1 to get. I hope that you can also help me with some insight on the Performance Power Kit (PPK).

In just over two weeks I will take ED of a 2010 135i 6MT M-sport. It "qualifies" for the PPK, and I am contemplating having it put on as soon as it gets here. It is not so much the extra 20 hp that attracts me; it's what I read on the e90 forum about improved throttle response. Here is the deal:

I only got to test drive an 135i AT before I ordered. I found that there was a significant delay when starting from standstill, I hope that the MT is better. I still found some delay in the throttle response during driving, and I am not confusing it with the turbo lag. I doubt that MT/AT makes any difference here.

a) Is that a reasonable assumption?

At the e90 forum people rave about the improved throttle response they experience after adding the PPK. This, I suspect, is primarily due to the software and not so much the hardware.

b) Am I right about that?

Most of the reviews I have seen are by owners of < 10 models, so for them the software change may be significant if they haven't had their ECU flashed for a while. I see that some 08s even need a new ECU. So,

c) Is the software on the 2010 "close" to the PPK software, or should I expect a significant improvement if I make the upgrade?

Of course, I will only decide on the PPK once I have driven the MT in Germany, but any comments from owners who have put a PPK on a 135i with recent software are much appreciated.
Appreciate 0