06-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Hockenheim Ring ADAC Masters

What a weekend!

This past Sunday a good friend of mine invited me to come to Hockenheim to see his race team he manages. They run a two car team in the Porsche SuperCup series. They were at Hochenheim for the ADAC Masters race. Basically there were pro and armature drivers there. I must say there was a bunch of really cool cars there!!

I knew when I got to our hotel (in Speyer) that it was going to be a good weekend! There were some really cool 1-er’s there in the parking lot! A really sweet 123d coupe, with all the BMW Performance goodies. And a cool AW 130i e87 four door hatch. Plus all sorts of fast cars scattered about. I had the only 135i.

When we got to Hockenheim Ring (just a few klicks away) it got even better! Racing and race tracks are in my blood… and there is just something that feels so dam right about being at a motorsports event!

My friend runs the Hermes race team. They have two 911 race cars. A new brand new 997 Cup car (#35) and an older 997 (#36). Both cars are top in class cars. In fact the brand new car WON the GT3 class. It was really cool sitting in the race truck and watching the track coverage live on TV. But most of the time I was walking around in FULL DROOL mode. There were some really cool cars running around! Plus since I was with the race team, I had pit credentials pass. So I could go anywhere I wanted too!

There was all sorts of race cars there at the Ring. Mini cup cars, Fiat 500 cup cars (220 PS!), DTC and Touring cars, Formula 3000 (one step down from F1 cars), GT2 and GT3 cars, and a few others classes I am probably forgetting about right now!

Well… here are some of my pics. I tried to concentrate on BMW theme besides all the other cool cars there that day!

IF you would like to see more of my photos… all 224 of them! You can see more here --->

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/x...race%20series/

- David –

Cool 1-er’s… first the BMW Perf 123d from Austria…

How did I know it was a diesel? Look at the exhaust and most off all the personalized tag!

130i e87

Who says Germans have no sense of humor?

ADAC Masters…

My friends team truck…

The two team 997 RSR’s… the white on in back is getting an alignment, that is what those jigs are for.

Lovely CF… this door weighs like 4lbs!!!

MB’s new SLR GT3 racer…

VIP area from ADAC

Alpina race cars…

Ami Vette…

Funny!

Gas truck

Track wrecker

A famous car gal from German Tv’s Kabel-Eins channel

Grid ladies…. Mmm…

The two most important tools to have handy: lap top(s) and Hammers!!!

These guys had a nice pit setup! They were the winners too. Brother’s Bergmeister. Blue and white 997.

Our car…

Our winning car getting detailed with compressed air!

Some cool cars…

RS6!

The End…
Appreciate 0