Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [7.56]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Great write up and thanks so much for the info!

I am in the middle of deciding wether or not to re-do mine. I was thinking of going a 3-way setup like this too. So you don't recomend going with a 8-3-1 setup? really needs to be 4" in the middle? I am thinking of going Dynaudio 3-ways but the mid is 3'. Also maybe the DLS 3-ways but they too are 3' mid-range.

How deep are those 4"? They look pretty big! No problems depth wise fitting them in?
i will defer some of those question to VP elect since he did the install, but from what i discussed with him there was no prob with depth for the doors. I have to say after having the 1-3-6.5 and changing to 1-4-8 was a HUGE difference, esp with the 4's in the door. the 3" sounded flat and that there was a huge hole is the system. I cant emphasize enough that dont do the 3", you WILL be disappointed. I have to say the Morel system is nice cause you can do the 2 way comps with the add on ADWM's which have there own xover's and seem to have more tunability (is that even a word?).

Just my 2 cents...but i can only encourage you not to make the same mistake i did.