View Single Post
      06-03-2006, 02:32 AM   #160
bavarian06
Captain
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

I’ve learned that one should never pass judgment w/o hearing all the facts, so I won’t get too involved in the meat of this debate.

I do however support certain comments made on both of the opposing sides.

I think its bad practice to call someone out or in this case, a company in an open public forum. Since your post (Long) was one sided, your comments are extremely defamatory to Eisenhaus. What is worse is that you didn’t care to mention Eisenhaus’ attempt to rectify the situation, ie giving you a full refund. After gaining that insight from other forum members, I’ve lost a lot of respect for the E90 guru that you are. I’ve often purchased products that I’m not 100% satisfied with and more times then that, a total refund is usually out of the question. If you were so dissatisfied, why didn’t you just return it? I understand that you spent some money to get it installed (probably wanted some monetary compensation for that), but shouldn’t you just chuck that up to experience and move on? Personally, if I was so adamant on pointing out how horrible the Eisenhaus muffler is (talks of having the forum boycott the vendor), I wouldn’t want it within a yard of my car, even if it was free.

On the other hand, I do agree that you should expect a high quality piece that has perfect fitment for a muffler that costs more then $1K. That’s just an insane price first off for a non cat-back that has a mock looking right side. But anyways, since the Eisenhaus muffler is not a prototype, I would expect more from it. It is responsibility of the company to do their best in terms of ensuring the muffler satisfies its claims (ie OEM fitment, real working dual muffler, etc.)

Lastly, screw the stupid saying that the "customer is always right." That’s a dumb adage that went out the door some 40 yrs ago when times were still warm, fuzzy, and neighbors talked to each other. I believe people have to treat each other with a certain level of respect. Personally, I will not tolerate any of my clients giving me crap or dare they, insult me. When that customer crosses that line, s/he loses my respect and my desire to really hear her/him out. You can never really satisfy an irate unreasonable customer, period.
Appreciate 0