11-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #20
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southjersey128 View Post
I stand corrected. I thought the mf went all the way to the manifold. But since you do have the mf it would be easy for a muffler shop to just cut them out and put strait pipe in line. As long as the downstream o2 sensor is before the secondary cats there would be no cel either.
Actually thank you for your help because otherwise I probably wouldn't have noticed xD. I will definitely talk to the people who installed my exhaust and get a quote from them and most likely get it removed if it doesn't give me any problems with legal and emissions.

Here in Texas, my county requires yearly emissions test, but they are done via OBD-II port. I will probably pass by the dealership (if I can be sneaky) and see what their exhaust looks like underneath for the other 128i.

If the other 128i on the dealership lot are missing these catalytic converters, then I will feel completely fine and should be able to remove them without any problems : ).

I looked at our 2012 X3, and that also has secondary catalytic converters(bottom picture says its for ULEV2 vehicles)

Wheras my moms car, a 2012 335i, has just the primary(but its an N55 and I think those come with a straight pipe since many people do N54 + N55 midpipes)

i just find it funny that putting my vin on realOEM also shows I shouldn't have them

Last edited by Greenkirby21; 11-26-2012 at 09:34 PM..
Appreciate 0