Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fboutlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwawuz02 View Post
Do you have a lot of experience with adjustable arms? I'm looking to make my daily driven 135i more planted. The M3 toe arms are $76 each, and I'd be willing to bet they'll outlast a set of adjustable arms. What the OP suggested is not a difficult modification. If the toe arms are only a little shorter (which they look to be) we're talking about shifting the mount point out a minimal distance and elongating the hole on the opposite side of the subframe. I know a lot of you guys just buy whatever is easiest, but I spent several years in an E30 where these kinds of mods are commonplace.
Good luck with the eccentric bolt that's used for alignments. This is not that simple because of those. Also, I'd be very hesitant to elongate holes as the bolt can slip.

The adjustable are easy and give you the most amount of range. Haven't had a problem with the ones Harold sells after 2 years and roughly 20 autox's, 20 track days, and daily driving.
+1. The adjustables are solid. Many m3 owners upgrade to them as they allow you to dial more camber (I know they are toe arms).

I would think modifying a subframe to accommodate m3 toe arms and the price or the m3 toe arms would cost more than the adjustables and be a lot more work.

That being said- if anyone wants to tackle modifying their subframes, I have a set of m3 toe arms for sale off of a 2012 m3. Pm me.
Appreciate 0