View Single Post
      05-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #4
Blacksport
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

I'm running a straight pipe with no muffler...I can assure you it won't break SCCA's noise level...exhaust is still going thru pre-cats, cats, and resonators...it's somewhat louder than stock, but very pleasing...there's nice gurgling when you lift off the throttle, very racy sounding, and much easier to drive with the 6 speed because you can hear the engine...no droning at highway speeds, barely noticeable with the A/C on...

Just a note; I had John at Eurowerks in Deerfield, FL install AA's tune (he's an AA dealer)....when he called me to pick the car up, he commented on the exhaust; he said he couldn't believe how sweet it sounded with just removing the muffler and running a straight pipe out the back with dual tips...he didn't want his clients to know this, he told me, because he sells them expensive exhaust systems...LOL
'13 128i 6sp, '19 Cherokee Ltd 3.2, '17 Ducati SuperSport S Gone But Not Forgotten: 74 Z28, 77 Datsun 280Z (1st 5sp in US), 92 Nissan 300ZTT, 94 MB SL600 V12, 01 M Roadster, 66 Yamaha TwinJet 100, 70 Suzuki X6 Hustler Race: GP/FP Spitfire SCCA, Merlyn FF SCCA, Mazda RX7 IMSA GTU, Yamaha FZR 400 AMA.
Appreciate 0