View Single Post
      05-20-2014, 09:26 AM   #5
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksport View Post
I'm running a straight pipe with no muffler...I can assure you it won't break SCCA's noise level...exhaust is still going thru pre-cats, cats, and resonators...it's somewhat louder than stock, but very pleasing...there's nice gurgling when you lift off the throttle, very racy sounding, and much easier to drive with the 6 speed because you can hear the engine...no droning at highway speeds, barely noticeable with the A/C on...

Just a note; I had John at Eurowerks in Deerfield, FL install AA's tune (he's an AA dealer)....when he called me to pick the car up, he commented on the exhaust; he said he couldn't believe how sweet it sounded with just removing the muffler and running a straight pipe out the back with dual tips...he didn't want his clients to know this, he told me, because he sells them expensive exhaust systems...LOL
Thanks. This helps alot.

It is hard to tell from youtube videos since they vary on type of mic used...etc etc.

Since it isn't really a high pitched sound, I would assume it wouldn't break dB readings. I have a friend that is running headers, 100 cell cats and 2 burns mufflers and not breaking sound.

Since I'm still stock headers, and stock 1st and 2nd section I would think I would be okay.

Did you just custom fab your own muffler?
Appreciate 0