05-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #522
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Launching is definitely a challenge. I think launch control would just spin as it's like dumping the clutch and the DCT doesn't let you load up on the brake.
My best short time was 2.2 which was with Traction Control fully off and just flooring it off idle. But I revved it off to the redline and was slower overall.
Needed more runs to tweak things.

Run flats are going. I have a set of Michelin PSS waiting in my work store room but not the rims yet. Although I am getting 19s so not the best performance option.
Launching the DCT is a challenge. It's the biggest downside of an otherwise excellent transmission, imho. I always disengage all nannies at the drags. It will interfere with your run and there is no need for it. Track is a different story.

As a comparison, I ran a Michelin PSS 225/35/19 and 265/30/19 at the drags and my 60ft were consistently slower than when I ran 225/40/18 and 255/35/18. I did manage a PB of 12.1** on 19's but I'm confident I would have run a 11.*** if I ran on 18's. I have not gone back since though.

I think you will see an improvement switching to non-rft's but the lower profile may negate its benefits. I spun all the way through 1st gear on every run on 19s, but with your power it should not be an issue.
Appreciate 0