View Single Post
      06-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #11
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Also, what I'll do is create 2 separate route maps. One for iDrive and another for those without iDrive.

For those with iDrive, all you have do is upload a nav file that I'll send you and you are good to go, so you needn't worry about getting lost. Note that Route Criteria will be disabled given that a custom route is being used.

For those without iDrive, I'll send you a Google maps link and then you will have to somehow make your satnav take a particular route between destinations rather than the typical shortest, fastest or most fuel efficient route. Or you could get your co-driver to navigate .

I also suggest that we avoid the urge or the pressure to drive in convoy, especially over long distances, as different people will have different driving comfort zones, and the purpose of the drive is to enjoy yourself rather than having to keep pace or set the pace. I'll set way-points throughout the route where we will wait for all to arrive before we continue our journey. Therefore, allowing people to take their time, and stop when they feel like it without needing the whole group to stop etc.
Appreciate 0