09-19-2010, 11:34 PM   #7
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
1. Koh Phangan - Ended up in hospital at NYE party with rusty broken nails in my foot waiting for surgery. A guy comes in with a stab wound and we watch him bleed out to death, crying in pain, it was terrible. A riot breaks out for over 2 hours and we're forced to hide in a garden until everything settles down as people were going crazy.

2. Bangkok - We approached a Tuk Tuk (3 wheeler taxi) driver and negotiated a cab fare back to our hotel. We noticed he had a can of beer in his hand but didn't think much of it. There were 5 of us and my mate and I were going to stand on the back but decided against it and crammed inside. He stalled it straight away then went full throttle into a corner, lost control and rolled it twice! Fortunately, none of us were badly hurt and we lived to tell the story. I don't know how we escaped with just grazes and cuts, but my mates missus put her back out pretty bad The Tuk Tuk driver showed no remorse either.

3. Booked an around the world ticket which was departing from Sydney so I had to make my own arrangements to get there. I booked a cheap flight with Jetstar with about 2 hour wait time in Sydney before I flew out. Jetstar flight was delayed for 6 hours so I missed my initial flight from Sydney. We had to wait in Brisbane the entire time because they wouldn't allow us to take our luggage because the flight was "delayed" and not "officially cancelled". They offered no compensation and gave me the same flight the next day. Meanwhile my mate flies out to Canada and is waiting for me for 24 hours because I have our bus ticket which gets us from Vancouver to Banff. Fortunately, the company I booked my around the world fare with allowed me to fly out from Sydney the next day at no cost. I'm driving to Brisbane airport the following morning in peak hour rush traffic, and running late as well due to the traffic, a lady in a 4WD hits me at the round-a-bout at the airport. Just my luck. It was my dad's Merc which was his pride and joy. I ended up just making it to catch my flight in time but felt terrible for my dad's car.

4. Upon boarding our ferry boat which takes us to Phi Phi Island everyone was handed a plastic bag as they boarded. I had no idea what this was for. Turns out we were cruising through extremely choppy waters and about half hour into the journey everone starts throwing up violently including myself. I walk downstairs into the cabin and everyone is spewing everywhere. People were hurdled around bins, spewing into the bags, it was nuts. About 90% of everyone on board threw up for the entire 3-4 hours, it was very painful. My 2 mates were fine though!
oh man...i just never...wat
Attached Images

Appreciate 0