View Single Post
      05-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #26
Hambone
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 TiAg 135i

I only want to mention this as a learning point for others, not trying to beat you up over your mistakes ^_^ I wasn't sure if you were braking or not in the video - could see the speedometer dropping rapidly, but I was unsure since you were also dipping into the dirt and getting sideways. Your oversteer in that situation was not so incredible that your rear tire traction was non-existant - it was only just barely over the threshold. But braking and shifting the weight to the front of the vehicle is working completely against you when you're already in oversteer lacking good rear tire traction. I'm not sure at what point you began braking, but letting off the throttle and just keeping your feet off the pedals and using your hands to steer out of it would have been the best thing to do. You'd be amazed what just letting off the throttle and a little bit of steering input will do to help regain control in a seemingly out of control situation. It's instinctive to want to apply brake pressure so you can slow down, but all you're doing is making the situation worse and more difficult to recover from.

I sent you a PM with details of a driving course that's not your typical run-of-the-mill driving school.

2009 TiAg 135i 6MT - Custom AST 5100 coilovers with Swift springs, Cobb Tuning, DCI, ER FMIC/CP, Tial BOV, AR Design Catted Downpipes, Berk Full Street Exhaust, BMW OEM Performance Rear Spoiler, BMW Black Kidney Grilles
Appreciate 0