View Single Post
      03-17-2008, 11:29 PM   #1
SL01
Private
Rep
Drives:

Delivery in Orlando (crimson red)

I picked up my 135i tonight! Kudos to Debra at Fields!

Attached are a couple of flash photos - I didn't get home until well after dark. Hopefully I'll have time in the morning for some day light photos.

My quick review (coming from an RX-8):
  • +As others have said, photos do not do this car justice - it is simply stunning in person
  • +Comfort access rocks
  • +Blue-tooth works very well - everyone I called could tell I was using hands-free, but said I was easy to hear. And I don't talk loud.
  • +The Boston leather is fantastic. It looks great and is soft and supple (it and the sports steering wheel materials reminded me of the Lexus IS-350 I test drove last summer).
  • +The car feels very solid -- it's quiet and refined on the road, but the engine has a nice snarl to it.
  • +Low end torque... wow, just wow. No turbo lag.... if I didn't know, I wouldn't know.
  • +The steering and brakes are excellent - I felt right at home immediately.
  • +The clutch has a very good feel to it. Surprisingly, I think it's lighter than the 8's, or maybe just has a different feel... dunno, but I like it.
  • -The gearbox isn't quite as good as the RX-8's. The throws are a bit on the long side and I find myself hunting for 3rd gear (I'm used to just gently pushing up, but that doesn't seem to quite work). I also accidentally put it in reverse at a stop light!
  • -I-drive has a definite learning curve
All in all, I'm a very happy camper.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0