View Single Post
      04-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

^^Thanks guys.

Getting back on topic... I ran a bottle of this Liqui Moly Klappen Reiniger thru my old 5er this weekend. Really makes a difference in smoothness at idle. I sprayed down the throttle body and then flipped it open and used the 1m long tube to spray down inside the intake manifold. Then I put the MAF boot back on and started the engine. I then used a vacuum port just before the throttle body and rev'd the engine and sprayed the rest of the can into teh engine. Reving to 5K and back down to 3K and back up... the engine would pop and bang some... but its all good. Some smoke will also come out the exhuast. I then changed the engine oil and took her out on a test drive. I am happy with the results. You can't beat this stuff for ten euros a can.

I also use LM fuel injector cleaner and valve deposit cleaner as well. I bought a LM spray can that cleans the MAF hot wire sensor. Some say it makes the engine feel more powerfull and use less fuel - after you clean the MAF sensor. I'm gonna use that in a day or two on my ne-used ride.

Dack
Appreciate 0