View Single Post
      04-27-2013, 03:58 AM   #1
Goody4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Any 128i options experts; need opinion on car for sale

I'm interested in this odd bird, and have some questions before I check it out in person. Looking at the pictures in the link will help answer some of these.

http://www.luxurycars.com/detail.asp...PrefID=0&.aspx

1.) Was there ever a way to get a wooden shifter, yet have aluminum trim in the rest of the car? I'm trying to determine if the previous owner did this himself, and I doubt the salesman will know.

2.) In one of pictures, what is the thing just under the center console and in front of the Aux jack? It looks like a superball to me, but I'm wondering again if something was attached here aftermarket.

3.) Is the interior mirror auto-dimming? I'm guessing this is a premium package only item, but maybe it was standard in 2010.

4.) Is there any visible way to discern if the car is equipped with the sports package? (Or, maybe there wasn't one available.)

5.) Is Bluetooth in this car? Is satellite radio in this car?

6.) Assuming this isn't a rebuilt title, is the factory warranty still good?

7.) How concerned should I be that this car isn't on a BMW dealer lot? Kind of referring to previous accidents in this regard.

8.) Were there any ever problems 128i owners had in large numbers that I should look for? (As a 335i owner, I would tell potential buyers to ask about the High Pressure Fuel Pump, and if it's been replaced and how many times has it been replaced.)

I call this 128i strange simply because of the way it's optioned:

--manual, unheated, leatherette seats

--navigation

--halogen headlights

--10(?) gigs of mp3 hard drive paired to a stock stereo.

--Limited slip differential? Ain't no way, right?

I've noticed the winter rims and tires, too. But, that doesn't bother me.

If there's anything else you notice (except that I may be a little slow on the uptake), please point it out. Anything is helpful.

Last edited by Goody4; 04-27-2013 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0