3aficionado
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: 02 M3/RRover Super

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by krndanic307
When I called taked to the insurance agent she told me that the police report is not required/needed. Because it is 100% that he is at fault for rear ending. Im going to do to a police report on monday or wednesday.

As of the deductable it's 500$ insurance won't go up for hit and run. But I don't wanna pay for something that I didn't do. Pisses me off!!!
Good thing to still get the police report... just in case. Unfortunately anything you decide to do you will you only have a couple options.
  1. Make the police report and see if the guy has insurance.
    1. Claim (with report in hand) directly with the kids insurance. No involvement of your insurance will definitely keep from loosing any No Claim discounts. Plus you will not need to pay any deductible.
    2. Claim with your insurance and let your insurance collect from the kids insurance. Only IF your insurance gets money from the kids insurance will your insurance refund your $500 deductible.
  2. Make the police report and find out this kid doesn’t have insurance.
    1. Claim with your insurance and let your insurance eat the cost or go after the kid. You are out $500.
    2. Claim with your insurance to get it fixed (same as above) and take the kid to small claims court to get your $500 deductible back. You would easily win with your girlfriend as a witness and a police report.

Depending on how much your time/effort is worth you may just want to write it off as a $500 bad day. Plus you may not want to take a suspected gangster kid to court and have to face an idiot with nothing to loose in life. The last thing you want is to give a punk like that any reason in his deranged mind to retaliate. That kids car probably isn’t even worth $500 so you taking money from him will only further enrage him.
Appreciate 0