02-19-2006, 09:58 PM   #20
Huncowboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5, '19 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1364
Sounds like (1) you cut him off and, (2) both of you acted in an immature manner. I suggest you forget it and be glad that nothing worse happened.
WOW... Have you ever cut off anyone? I guess not. It happens. I did it just the other day and it scared the _shit out of me but it does happen. I even turned my head back, I probably saw the car with my eyes but it never registered in my mind. So I cut her off. I waved sorry and we both went on.

Why did he act immature? There is nothing indicating that in his post. He got out only once he got rear ended. He left when the best thing to do was to leave. I don't understand how that was immature.

But whatever.... I would file a report anyways. It won't change much but I would do it. Eventually this guy will get into trouble, the longer his history the longer the next sentence. Just my $0.02

my road rage story:
I saw an idiot once being cut off by an SUV. The lady in the SUV was on her phone and did not pay attention. That dude went off instantly. He cut her off like three times and finally ended up cutting me off as well by mistake. Then I honked. That was a big mistake and it was irresponsible of me. The guy targeted me from that moment on. So I called the cops. Finally he gets out of his car at the red light and comes to my window. He did not touch the car but spit on it while yelling obscenities. The dude looked like an escapee from a mental institute. I told him I am on the phone with the cops and I have his plates. So he yelled for another 10 seconds then he left the scene in a hurry. Probably he had a suspended license or somethign else to hide. Since there was no damage the cop talked me out of filing. He was even lazy to run the guy's plate. Thanks Coconut Creek PD! I should have filed anyways because this was/is an assault here in FL. I would have had no chance proving it but who knows may be the inconvenience of going to court would have thought him a lesson. This way he got off easy. Even better I should have called the cops the moment he was tailgating the lady and I should have never let myself involved in this by honking back at him.
Appreciate 0