United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
I can hear the job interview now:

Manager: "Do you know anything about BMWs?"

Guy: "I rear ended one once."

Manager: "That's more than the last three people we've hired for the service department! When can you start?"
He was actually the SA at the Acura dealership a few towns over for the past couple of years, so he apparently knows what hes doing. Maybe he got fired after trashing the company car? I dont have the balls to ask that question tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
But he 'helped' you get a BMW Perf Exhaust for $50, no? Good karma pays off ;-o)
He did he did, and he admired the sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
That's awesome!

Similarly, my SA previously owned the deli down the street from me (best stuff around too), before I saw him at my dealership. He's been out on medical leave, so I've delayed service a bit.

Well, here I am doing the novice walkthru at the last autocross event, and a guy comes up to me and says "hey, how do ya like the 135?". I tell him it's great, and about my mods... and that I have a consistent banging in the front suspension that I could not figure out. He offers that I come down to my own dealership, where he's the new service manager. I reply.. "My car is stock. Right?" True story.
Thats really funny, you never know where you are going to meet these guys. The best ones are car guys themselves because so long as you are a chill guy they actually admire your mods, when I brought my car in for the top I still had my winters on, my SA admired them so much (he had never heard of these Pirellis before) that my dealership actually recommends them as winter tires on the 1er and 3er now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasar View Post
Let's hope he doesn't "rear end" you again as Service Manager, if you know what I mean...

Good luck Broken Vert.
Thatnks for that man. I dont think he will, he seems like a reasonable enough guy, and he knows that we are reasonable people.

Appreciate 0