flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Yep read it again
read what again? i wasn't disagreeing with you

i was just saying that most of them DO call themselves a 3" downpipe when they all narrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510135 View Post
I want you to prove me wrong with this build! I just can see this build blowing the budget out of the water (unless you put the motor in stock). I did an engine conversion going on 10 years ago to a Honda (a popular conversion at that) and there were things that just popped up that weren't factored in. I tip my hat to you for doing this but you are in essence a guinea pig. You say that it has been done by another (pretty sure he's in Europe , with a lot more local support).
I'm not hating at all but just be prepared to see the budget blow out.
could happen lol, i never set a budget for it, i never will, it costs how much it costs, and i don't really care... if i cared it would be going in stock and i'd be happy with 400~whp until it popped sometime years later... or i'd be going cheaper still and getting a 90's japanese turbo something...

if i decide to get upgraded turbos straight away? yeah a couple $k.. proEFI? $who knows haha

i have every major part i need, it's just little replacement stuff which i've mostly priced.

yeah, i could drop it in right now without touching it and it would run fine, and it would cost me a bit under half what it would otherwise.. but i wouldn't trust it as much lol... it's all the little things that will make the cost go up i know, all the seals, gaskets, cam runners, just ridiculous little $10-$15 items that there happen to be 100 of lol

I'm also well aware that the cost i've worked out is only the 'just installed' cost and there's thousands and thousands of stuff i'll end up doing later >_<

ED: i forgot to add the benefit of this over a 135i... fresh engine, i could get a 100,000km odd N54 with turbos that are likely to go soon, or a freshly rebuilt N54.. with turbos that may or may not go soon lol

Last edited by flinchy; 01-21-2013 at 03:01 AM..
Appreciate 0