View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #21
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY16 F80

Garage List
Took the car out for its first decent drive since the suspension overhaul. Here are some quick first impressions:

- car feels flatter through corners
- the rear end doesn't squat any longer under hard acceleration
- steering feels somewhat tighter and more connected; combined with above gives the car a point-and-shoot effect
- shimmy over bumps is gone
- ride is more compliant; hit a couple bumps, potholes that had me instinctively grit my teeth at the sight of them but I rolled right over no problem - to what degree this can be attributed to the RS1's or PSS's, I cannot say
- dialed the compression back to 5 front, 6 rear and the difference was readily apparent from the 10f/12r setting on the initial ride home
- over road undulations the front felt a little bouncy at times; i need to tweak the compression settings
- slight rubbing is occurring i)in the rear, noticeably on outside rear tire when hitting dips/bumps during turns ii)in the front once over a large dip at highway speed
- i detect a knock or clunking in the rear when hitting bumps at low speed only

I'm going to take the car in for a 4 wheel alignment tomorrow at Altech Automotive to see where things are at and hopefully correct the rubbing. After that back to RMP to adjust ride height and take care of a couple nagging issues.

Quick cell phone pic, I'll post up better photos after a wash

Appreciate 0