02-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #13
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
OMG. no.. please see the installation instructions thread link above.. these arent cheap plates. no thunk, clunk, bump, squeak or creak. As a matter of fact the design even allowed the factory rubber isolation rings to be used to ensure no squeaks. There is not a single negative drawback to these other than the purchase and installation expense. I am currently running -2.3 degrees camber (the max is -2.8) on a car that is completely stock otherwise.. With stock wheels and tires there is really no difference in ride on the street other than increased turn in, depending on where you have them set.

I autocross so the -2.3 setting is a good set it and leave it setting for me.. I would probably aim to set them up around -2.0 as a slightly more optimal " aggressive street " setting. When running super sticky tires like RS-3s on the street, the car is a bit darty at -2.3 for the street. Again.. with the stock tires, this dartiness is on not there. The RS-3s already have an incredible turn in feel.. so lots of camber becomes synergistic.... Autocross or track warriors that that run often will jack up the car and max out the camber for the track or autocross and set it back to a more roadworthy setting before they return home. it only takes a few minutes and simple tools to change settings.

I'll echo some of the others.. what level of camber are you running on track?
Mark and Harold,

What camber would you guys recommend with these plates for an otherwise stock car, street/highway and back road use only with PSS instead of PS2 tires in stock staggered sizes? I really can't afford the slightest drop from the stock ride height as well.

-2.0 maybe?
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 02-27-2013 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0