No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post
Read the thread..

The argument was how BMW handles an additional +50ft-lbs of torque -vs- how a piggyback handles it. BMW de-stresses the engine, so that when adding additional load, it doesn't hinder the engine life-long durability. This is true on several occasions, including allowing Dinan to tune, w exception to added cooling & BMW's own performance kit, etc. What I suggest is not far-fetched or out of the norm, just logical and representative of past practices and engineering principals.

That was the only remark I made. Perhaps unclearly, as I assumed most would understand.

Now, in speculation it makes the most logical sense that if M engineers didn't have time to BUILD a new M engine, they worked the one they have. Knowing engines and what they do... it is not hard to speculate what an M engineer would do to a N54 to make it better (with little cost & time), you have to let it breath better (VE).

The only other argument is that BMW engineers did absolutely nothing with VE and left the engine alone. But we know that is not true, given the numerous accounts on it pulling harder and longer, etc..

How BMW got the power is not in question... never was. (ie: tune)
No need to be snobbish about it (it comes across that way trust me).

Anyway my response was based upon this quote from you:

"BMW has de-stressed the N54 and engineered better intakes, exhaust to garner the additional +50ft-lbs of torque in the is and 1M."

I am sure with your infinitesimal knowledge you can see the error of that statement and why I would say that the things you stated are NOT enough to gain 50ft/lbs TQ.

So please quit telling me to reread the damn thread...I have read it...
Appreciate 0