View Single Post
      02-09-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
pacz
Rep
Drives: 2012 1M

Problems on a new car :/

Hey guys

This is a repost, i posted it in the international section aswell but i just want to get some feedback from you local guys as you are familiar with our climate and petrol etc..

This was posted by someone else a while ago and I had a similar problem:

"Hey, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced going into limp mode or a stutter whenever you redline.
It's not done intentionally but has happened a couple times where I was shifting at around 6000rpm and "accidentally" ended up at the redline in second and when I shifted to third, it would feel not only underpowered but also it would have a stutter or vibration that felt like I was riding over jagged rocks even though I was on a smooth road (Highway surface)
I have to turn off the vehicle, then on, in order to correct the problem.
I wanna guess it retards the cylinders but.. I don't know much about engines and whatnot."

And this happened to me:

This also just happened to me today, is this just a safety feature or is it a bad thing? I thought it might be due to hot weather since it is 30 degrees celcius today..? Just to add, I was at WOT but not redline in 3rd gear and I felt a little stutter at about 5000rpm, so I backed off, then same symptoms as the first poster in all gears till I restarted my car...
I have already had my boost pipes by the turbo replaced and my car only has 3200km on it, so im just a little worried...

Thanks
Appreciate 0