blutattoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat767676 View Post
OP: I have been through the usual track day cars and mods and went back to the 135 as a compromise like others have said. I was pretty disappointed after my 911 and of course the mods started coming! After thousands of dollars though, the car is really a beast. Finished the time trials season in second place and never saw an M3 that could pass it. Always have guys coming over to ask what the hell is this thing?

So far though, all it really takes is coil overs w camber plates, R comps(square, rolled fenders w 245's), track pads and fluid, methanol, tune, IC, and intake/exhaust/DP's.

However, limp mode still happens....a lot!

Anyone know if a Boxster is good as a track day car? (Recently picked one up....curious).

Also, is an e36 M3 pretty competitive? Seems like they're always flying on the track and I swear they were almost stock cars!!
Oil Cooler cured my limp modes even with 100+ track temps. Factory oil cooler stinks!

Boxster seems like it would be an ideal track car with a fixed roof and roll cage. Lose the interior, add race seats w/6pt harness, brakes, tires, and presto bad ass race car.

I have an e36 and it's quick on the track, but way more work than my 135 and not as fun either. It's a momentum car so you have to be very precise to be consistent, turn in early or late and you lose speed that's hard to make up. Compare that to the 1 where if you get lazy or you get behind traffic the torque gets you out of a lot of spots.
Appreciate 0