Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBIMMER View Post
1M vs 135i .........engines aside,how many laps around a technical course would it take to bring out each of these two amigos strenghts and weakness' to justify paying extra for a factory built M car with a warranty etc etc ....even with similar acceleration numbers it's a no brainer for me 1M all the way.......I can sprint just as fast as my dog right up untill i'm winded like an old stripper....but i can still run as fast as the dog for 100 feet if you"ll let me rest for 20 minutes after each blitz..
Did you even read what I wrote? Let me quote myself for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
The 1M is simply a better 135i....and that is what it was intended to be...but it isn't better enough for many people that own tuned 135i's to trade/sell their cars for it. I think the OP wrote his question for this very reason....
See the highlighted portion??? I have many laps around the track in my tuned 135i with zero limp modes, zero HPFP replacements, zero real problems....could I use a bit more suspension tuning? Yes...but it is dollars to donuts compared to me buying a brand-new 1M just for that....not everyone has a large amount of disposable income....for those of us that don't keep our existing tuned cars it is a no-brainer....almost EVERYONE that gives your lame argument have either A. Disposable income or B. Never owned a 135i, let alone a tuned one.....

Last edited by adrean8j; 05-13-2011 at 10:26 PM..
Appreciate 0