View Single Post
      04-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
1Pirate
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

As I said earlier I think you would benefit from replacing the springs too. And it's easier to do at the same time as the dampers rather than later. Most aftermarket springs, including the BMW Performance springs, are going to lower the car some. That's one reason I went with the 2011 M Sport springs, I didn't want to lower my car. That and the fact that they are linear. I wanted better controlled ride and handling. The springs that came in my car were way too soft initially, causing the car to squat and dive and to feel like it was bottoming out in the rear when going over a big dip or expansion joint.

The 2011 M Sport springs I picked up, especially the rear springs, don't have nearly as much initial compression as the stock 2009 M Sport springs did. They also feel stiffer, but not too stiff. I really like the combination of the 2011 springs and the Koni Sports. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work just as well with the FSDs. With my current set up my car is only slightly stiffer riding than it was stock, but it has a lot less body roll, dive, squat and overall unsettling motion than it did stock. And that's with my Konis set to approximately 50% in front and approximately 40% in the rear. Also if Dackelone is correct that only the rear springs were changed from progressive to linear beginning in the 2011 model year you might be ok with just changing the rear springs to 2011 springs.