Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD2RWD View Post
Hey guys,

I have been looking for rims for the 1-er for hours a week and I just honestly can't find anything I love. The SF71s looked awesome in prototype and they lost way too much concavity and IMO aren't even the same rim. Been looking at 18" VB3 and V710 in +40/+45 but feel that the VB3 won't have enough concavity and the 710 in a lot of photos looks like way too much is going on, as if there is a sword fight happening.

I am looking for the most concaved rim in 18" in this type of category rim SF71, VB3, GT-R, etc etc. I know many of you are wheel/tire guru's and have been doing this not only on 1-ers but on many cars and might have some ideas for me. The best solution I have right now is VB3 in +40/+45 but I feel like that really isn't very concaved.

I am coming from a 2006 Evo 9 with a +22 Advan RS and the concavity is just absolutely bonerific, I can't even imagine seeing some of the rims in real life I see on M3s on the forums, the concavity is unreal.
Advice...buy a 1M lol, I was in the same boat as you, I have just come to grip that you can't have your cake and eat it to. My gunmetal SF-71s just came in today, not sure if I am keeping them..they look better in person I will say, but not as concave as the 3 series offsets..and for good reason, you can't fit them in our narrow fenders. If you want super concave then plan on rolling your fenders and purchasing a wheel w/ offsets for the 3, plus neg. camber. You will most likely compromise on the amount of tire you can fit.

The SF-71 might be the most concave 19 for our car. and people are fitting 265s in the rear, something you wouldn't want to do on the VMR CSL

FTR fav. wheel is the ADVAN RS, and the look-a-like 701s, both with are not ideal for the 1...but you can make it work. They way the wheel is design it makes it seem more concave then it is
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0