02-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #28
diegorst
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: ‘11 BSM 1M | ‘14 Caterham 485S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I noticed that too on some occasions. If the Akra is in "Code Red" mode, it happens to sometimes flash rapidly to "Code White" mode for a second or so. I think that it's perfectly normal. It's a remotely controlled device, so the signal might briefly suffer from interference/distortion by other signals/sources.

My remote is plugged into the cigarette lighter, and it's the perfect place (discreet and very easy to reach/hide). Hopefully your 1Ms are equipped with a cigarette lighter too. It's a standard feature on EURO spec 1Ms. Fringe benefit: you got a white or red bonus light at night near the gear shift, if the storage plate is not in closed position.

Did you also notice that the circle that lights up on the remote, does not light up fully all around: there are two tiny spots (at 10 o'clock and 4 o'clock - see also the pictures below) which seem a little darker. Probably that's normal too, because the remote is supposed to show a half circle if you use a battery instead of power supplied by the car.

Overally very satisfied with the Akra. However, I do have a cosmetic issue. I noticed that the distance between both pipes on the driver's side is a few millimeter smaller than the distance between both pipes on the passenger's side. The difference is visually noticeable. First I thought this was related to the positioning of the tailpipes. So looked into that option. However, fine-tuning the tailpipes appeared to be to no avail: the root cause appears to be imperfect welding of the exhaust itself, where tailpipes are attached to (the distance between the exhaust pipes [to be distinguished from the tail pipes] appear not to be exactly the same on either side, and tailpipes cannot correct this welding difference). Tweaking the titanium exhaust pipes seems mission impossible and not recommended. Actually, nothing I can do about except for requesting Akra to get me a perfectly aligned exhaust. I think that's not normal so maybe I will contact Akra HQ about it.
I also get that sometimes the remote flashes rapidly to "Code White" mode for a second or so and then goes back to Red.
I am curious about the the fact that my remote lights up white or red perfectly, but when I take it out of the cigarette lighter socket, and I push the button, it does activate the valve and the exhaust opens up, but my remote doesn't light up and it's supposed to show a half circle like you said. Anyone else get this problem?
And I also have the same cosmetic issue as you Artemis, and I also have a CF rear diffuser and the slight misalignment with the akra tips is evident. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.