View Single Post
      01-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #19
chrisv_335EBII
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i 6sp EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2totalled2months View Post
I know each of us have our own experiences and opinions based on them. Im sure body panels etc are similar in price and found on the internet but has anyone ever had a body panel go bad, prob not. However if you blow your motor, trans or turbos etc you could potentionaly be stuck with a very attractive yard ornament, unable to afford to get it moving again. These cars are made very well, not as reliable as Jap cars but better than most American made, especially apples to apples comparing high perf cars with extra power and torque. I personally only by CPO BMWs, usually with less than 20,000 miles on them, someone else pays sticker, usually on a lease and is afraid or limited to drive then drops the car back off at the dealer and takes the hit for 20 grand or so. The result is when you buy CPO you get a virtually brand new car for much less and a better than new warranty up to 100000 miles. That being said, I would never buy a BMW from anyone but a BMW dealer. For the OP, depending on the year of your car and milage, you can take your car to a BMW dealer and get it CPO for about 1800 bucks but to get this you car has to have all service at BMw, clear carfax etc. They may charge for an additional warranty but it will be cheaper once CPO. I love BMWs but the one thing that I don't like, as with so many other owners, is you cant just drive the wheels off of them without worries because eventually you run out of warranty and I would never own a BMW without one. At the risk of rambling Ill also say that kick butt insurance is a must too, my last 135 had virtually no exterior damage during a 10 mph collision, all airbags deployed, seatbelts deployed , 4 rims bent, the repairs to make it street legal totaled the car way before they even got to the damage from the wreck, airbags 15000, new seatbelts 6000, rims 6000, they never even looked at the slightly wrinkled front bumper, no metal damage, not even a cracked headlight. BTW, the airbags never should have deployed so they needed to replace the entire system,,,another little known fact is if you get in a minor wreck and your seatbelts deploy then the have to replace the seatbelt,,,they are good for one wreck and they ship from Europe,,,not cheap!! Get a warranty and good ins!!!
An accident has nothing to do with warranty... That is insurance...
Appreciate 0