View Single Post
      03-24-2017, 11:18 AM   #93
Dthltm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i / Deep Sea Blue on Taupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddtt View Post
Well to start, it would probably cost $150 just to ship it to dallas.

1) Golf tee mod just opens up the sound a little more. You could try it on your current exhaust just to see what it does. The pressure it causes or relieves doesn't matter to the wrapping.

2) I've never heard the BMW PE exhaust in person. If you just want more burbles I'd suggest trying the MHD tuning software. You can program in the levels of burbles. Here's a video of my setup. The difference is a bit more distinct than in the video. The video shows some pictures of how its wrapped.

3) The holes were wrapped with header wrap and stainless steel hose clamps. Both the large and small holes.

4) I'll add, for the N54 this mod is perfect with the N55 midpipes. Otherwise it is a very mild difference.

by
N55 midpipes in picture are already sold.
Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have the tools or garage space to do the mod myself which is why I am open to buying one. I have a N55 but if I can get more noise for only $150 or so makes sense to me. I suppose you have my offer if you want to check shipping prices and get back to me. Cheers.
Appreciate 0