View Single Post
      09-04-2009, 11:08 PM   #96
Tom_135
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i

Sifting through everything

Jeff,
First off thanks for the replies, it allows us to all to keep our day jobs.

I have a relatively new stock 135i and I have done a few months of autocross. I love this car on and off the track but I think everyone here agrees its a few ticks away from perfect.

Ive been sifting through the forums and hoped you could provide some answers; I apologize if these are somewhat redundant.

My goals in order of precedence:
-Reduce the understeer - for track and daily use, and to be able to participate in some drifting events. Dont want it out of control flailing all over the place.
-Reduce the body roll
-Looking to increase track abilities but maintain some practicality. To put numbers on it, maybe a 35% increase in track abilities.
-Stay within a $2000 budget (realize this might be unrealistic)

Other considerations:
-Dont want to lower the car, but if I have to I dont want it lower than .75" to 1.0"
-Id like mods that I can do myself, relatively mech guy, dont have a degree mech engineering

The plan I was thinking:
-Buy KW coilovers, I was thinking the V1s due to balance of value and daily driving. I know yall all recommend V2 or V3s. For my objectives what do you recommend?

-New tires as soon as these RFTs are done. Want tires that again will give some track increase but wont last a few months on daily driving. I have no idea what to go with here, have heard everything under the sun.

-Maybe a front sway bar - looking for a suggestion on brand.

-Unrelated but, also going to throw a SSK on there, I had a UUC in a 335i and I think Im going to try a B&M.

Thats all I was thinking. Thanks for any insight,
Tom
Appreciate 0