View Single Post
      05-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

A few things come to mind. With the RFTs you're going to have trouble launching. I don't know how often you practice, but I know I never go to the drag strip or anything, but when I finally am able to launch the car right it really really helps. The RFTs cannot possibly be helping.

Number two, considering you don't seem to be gaining much speed is that you could have your system all clogged up with carbon deposits. Has the car been idling rough at all, or has your fuel economy gone down recently? My car is at 55K, a 2008 model and I'm the original owner, and I literally feel a difference in power (not a huge one, but still some cars have it worse than others) than a year ago with the JB4, or several years ago when with stock boost. Carbon deposits gunking up the engine could be making your car slow. I know some Audi turbo engines can lose as much as 50 horses (maybe more) by 50K miles!

Finally, as was mentioned, there could be a boost leak. You can do a boost leak test yourself with $10-20 worth of stuff from a hardware store. Or you can get charged a lot of money to have it done by someone else. If you just google boost leak test there are a lot of youtube videos which detail the process. Good luck, and let us know the results!

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0