igzekyativ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Wagon

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
I am having a similar problem... I Drive an '09 135i auto w/ steptronic

When the car is cold, typically each morning on my way to work, the car will do this weird thing. - I drive for a little (less than a couple minutes), come to a light, and come to a stop. If I am at a complete stop for more than 15 seconds or so, when I release the brake (and before pressing the gas pedal) I can roll back if on a hill, as if in neutral, then the transmission grabs and jolts the car forwards. This can happen multiple times on my commute so long as the engine is cold.

After it is warmed up, it stops doing it. But I have noticed that I can be at a complete stop with my foot on the brake and the jolt occur. It occurs when the engine reaches a certain temperature (~180 degrees).

I think it has to do with different maps that the car uses. One map for below a certain temperature and another for higher temps. The cold map must have learned some 'bad behavior'.

My car is in at the dealer now and they are re-programming my car.

One way I got around the problem was to put the car in neutral while i am stopped. Then put it in drive right when I want to start moving. If I do this, the jolt does not occur.
2007 328xi Wagon, Black Sapphire Metallic, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear PDC, Airlift kit with 3P mgmt, CF Akrym rep lip, LCI M-Tech front bumper, LUX Angel Eyes, Black Kidneys, LED Interior Lights, M3 Steering Wheel with Extended Billet DCT Paddles, 19" Staggered VMR 710's
Appreciate 0