View Single Post
      09-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

1) Agreed, this is frequently discussed, especially this time of year

2) I have a car that's much more fun to drive, has a limited slip and gets tracked, something the 1er just isn't suited to without significant changes

3) I have driven the 1er with a/s tires in snow and ice and can't say I miss full snow tires, it plain works

4) I can buy that, I also suspect that we might just have different expectations and experiences that lead us to different opinions on this matter

5) I disagree with this, but accept that you believe it. I will note that I've actually driven a 1er in snow, with A/S and suspect you have not

I'm not saying you're wrong on any of these things, in fact I quite value your opinion on a car that I think we both enjoy quite a bit. I just think it's possible for two people to own similar cars and have quite different expectations for it and enjoy them in different ways.

To be fair, if I lived in Toronto or NY and didn't have a second, snow capable car, I'd be more inclined to get full snows on the 1er and not a/s, but I also don't think it's the travesty that some do to put a/s tires on the 1er.
Appreciate 0