Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01
Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
To be honest, it's not as go-karty as I would have liked but I think that's mainly due to the slow steering rack. I really wish there was something we could do about that. It definitely turns in and holds muuuuuch better than it did on stock suspension, and the LSD does wonders for acceleration through corners.
I agree a faster steering rack would be better, particularly in those opposite-lock situations. If there is any question about understeer, I think wider front tires would make it more go-kart like on the circuit. On the other hand, maybe its not a bad thing to have staggered tires that will be forgiving and stable when you apply close to 300kW.
Even with the alignment as it is it felt really neutral at the limit. Slight tail out at times but nothing snappy.

But yeah, I remember going into a full fishtail a few times at Wakefield. I think I fish tailed about 3 times before spinning because I just couldn't keep up with the number of rotations I had to turn the wheel, it was ridiculous. I saved the first one and after that I'm just like fuck it. Too much work and let it spin.