View Single Post
      09-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Maddad Whisper Axleback Exhaust Installed on N54 - Black Tips - Semi-HQ Pics/Vid

Installed yesterday on my 2008 135i, along with an E93 M3 Front Sway Bar.

This is the black ceramic coated tip version (original run with single wall tips). Fitment is spot on, sound is excellent, and couldn't be happier. Maddad midpipes are next to bump up the volume 30-50% + add a drop of power.

The exhaust lines up perfectly on all hangers, and the stock vibration damper and donut gasket fit like a charm.

As for the sound:
  • Louder than stock on cold start, but then quiets down to stock levels after ~30 seconds
  • Around town at low RPM in 6AT in drive, it is a tad deeper than stock with a nice burble, noticeable, but not annoying at all
  • At 3500+ RPM and WOT with JB3 on Map 5/7 it sounds deep and mean, without being blaringly loud
  • At all RPMS in all gears, at any speed below 100 MPH (have not tested above yet), there is not a single note of drone anywhere
  • At idle, I'd say it is 10-20% louder than stock exhaust with golf tee mod
  • Overall, IMO, it is just perfect. Add the midpipe for a nice bump in volume and you have the perfect exhaust

P.S. - Please ignore the semi-long crank (3 seconds)... no need to comment about AND sorry about the iPhone quality video.

In case it isn't obvious, the video was recorded in a garage with the garage door open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB0e15XwUP0
Attached Images

Appreciate 0