06-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #33
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegirl View Post
+5%, is that why I keep thinking everyone around me is going so fast.... old ladies in Honda Civics going very fast around me? Now when I accelerate I will have to do some math so I can approximate the speed limit.

Ok, I'm kind of joking here.

It seems like more than +5% on my car, does this vary at all. I haven't hooked my GPS up to the car to check for sure, but I have compared my speed on those signs that flash and it seemed like more than 5%. Does anyone have any more real life experience with this?

Like at 55mph the GPS speed is blank... etc.

At lower speeds (under 90 mph) the error is only like 3% or 4%. At high speeds 160mph plus... it is around 5% or so.

Here is a picture of my 135i speedo at night. I have had the M3 digital speedo coded for my car. When you have it coded you can use the "buffered" value that the speedo uses(reports) or you can choose to have it read ACTUAL vehicle speed. Mine reads actual vehicle speed. It is dead accurate with my GPS.

You can see while the car is really traveling at 130 kph (80 mph), the car's speedo reads slightly higher speed.

Name:  IMG_1515.jpg
Views: 4049
Size:  94.3 KB
Appreciate 0