06-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
1Pirate
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTunerz5 View Post
Some say running the 2011 m sport springs with koni fsd is a great combo because supposedly the 2011 oem springs are linear not progressive. Can anyone confirm?
Looks like your car is a 2012 with M Sport springs. BMW did switch from progressive to linear springs (at least in the rear) beginning with the 2011 model year. My car is a 2009 that came with M Sport springs. About six months ago I installed Koni Sport adjustable dampers and a set of 2011 M Sport springs that I picked up from another forum member on my car. I also have Alufelgen SF-71 wheels and Hankook Ventus V12 tires, although I'm running 255s in the rear rather than 265s. I've had the wheel/tire combo on the car for approximately a year.

Prior to the suspension upgrades I was experiencing some minor rubbing in the rear with more than one person in the car, especially going over dips in the road or at bridges. Since the installation of the 2011 springs and the Konis I have very little bounce in the rear of the car and no rubbing issues. Unfortunately I can't tell you how much difference is due to just the dampers, but all I can say is that my car now drives like it should have from the factory with no real sacrifice in ride.

In my opinion if you already have 2011-12 M Sport springs Koni Sports are a good option for upgrading your suspension without lowering the car, especially if you are going to run SF-71 wheels. I like the adjustability of the Koni Sports over the FSDs. Also even at stock ride height the 19" SF-71 wheels give the car a nice stance.