06-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #4
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcx_ View Post
Finally bitten the bullet and had primary cat back Milltek exhaust fitted. Exhaust is only slightly louder than stock, nicely bassy at low revs, nice howl at higher revs. Main thing I changed the exhaust for.. no drone. Used to suffer nasty in cabin drone at 2300-2800 revs, now long journeys are a real pleasure instead of having to keep the revs above or below the drone band. Thanks to AMD Essex, nice job. I'll get some in tunnel sound clips, will prob be a few weeks when am back in the UK.
I have the same setup. I must agree that is only a bit louder than stock but after breaking in it really widens up. Very bassy like you say and no drone issues due to the big resonator who's infront of the rearmuffler. Overall i'm also very satisfied with the sound it produces.
A few amateur soundclips of mine :
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687996
Cheers
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0