11-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #14
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo_3101 View Post
An older thread, but can Pete or anyone else provide further feedback regarding Dunlop Sport Maxx Race?

In particular:
(a) Longevity - how many track (road racing) days?
(b) Performance - what target pressures, comparison with alternatives?

Having used 245/265 Michelin PSCup+ this year (lasting six to eight events), I am planning ahead for next year.
I can't give you good feedback on longevity; unfortunately I've been traveling too much to burn through a set so far.

I added camber plates up front, and this reduced the serious outside shoulder wear issue that looked like it might cord the fronts in days. Since then wear seems to have been better than I would expected, probably better than RS-3s, though I might worry about them in hot conditions as they do seem like they can get overheated.

The big issue with the tires has been that adding more camber up front did not cure the car's balance issues like I'd hope it would. Instead the car still understeers significantly more than I'd like it to with these tires on. I feel like curing this will require an adjustable swaybar, something I've wanted to avoid.

For this reason I'm not planning to get these tires again, and I don't think they suit a relatively stock 1M. If you've got more suspension adjustability (camber plates plus swaybars) I might give them a try- clearly the new GT3 makes them work very well. Personally I'm looking forward to the MPSC2s or Rivals being available in more sizes.