View Single Post
      11-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #39
Shawnski
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135 DCT Convertible

Great all purpose car

I picked up my 135i in April '08. An STI or EVO were not on my list. This car was not ment to be my track car (that is left up to my '80 Ford Fairmont, 400hp, blue chip durability, and lo-cost). Although I have AutoX it once and did one track day - It understeers stubornly in tight corners, and with it being an autobox (while a very good ZF unit) not ideal.

To me its surprising there is so much of a comparison between 135i's and AWD rally inspired cars (gaudy), I liken the "one" more as a sensible Teutonic pony-car. A 2+2, 7/8 scale premium crafted (and priced) alternative to a Mustang (been there done that).

For those that would otherwise dismiss this RWD car as useless in the snow; with proper winter tires it is virtually unstopable! With a 51/49 weight differential, and excellent traction management, it is uterly safe and fun in winter.

There is nothing on the market that tempts me, IMO it has an ideal blend of usable performance, comfort, practicality, reassuring build quality and (when careful with options) value.

Don't get me started on the Camaro SS I recently rented...all I will say is it looks like a show car (show boat?) and functions like one.
Appreciate 0